Another award! I’m fairly excited and delighted! Thanks go to Kate Loveton who nominated me. You can check out her fantastic blog here.
• Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
• Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
• Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
• Share three ways that you like to help others.
• Nominate as many bloggers as you like.
• Have fun!
Here are the people I would like to nominate. I read all their blogs regularly and think they’re pretty great so hopefully you will too. The only reason I haven’t nominated more is because, quite frankly, if I don’t draw the line somewhere I’d never stop. Nominees, you don’t have to do anything if you don’t want or if you’ve been nominated before. It’s entirely optional.
This is the hard part but it’s probably a good exercise to think about positive things about yourself. I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have a lot of confidence, especially when it comes to writing, so this is probably very good for me. So here are the three ways I like to help others (or think I do):
1. Making people happy makes me happy so if I raise a smile with a blog post or manage to make someone feel like they have someone who feels the same way they do, then I get a tingle of joy (not in a dirty way…in a colourful Disney kind of way).
2. I’ve been told time and time again what a great listener I am. I am very patient and have often found myself on the receiving end of a lamenting tale of woe or two (hundred). Occasionally I begin to feel frustrated; I like to help and offer practical advice but sometimes what people need is just a shoulder to cry on or an ear to moan into. I am that shoulder and ear and any other part that’s needed (again, not in a filthy way…what’s wrong with everyone today?).
3. I like to do things for people, whether it’s ironing my boyfriends school shirts (I should point out he’s a teacher; reading that sentence back makes me seem oh so dodgy) or buying gifts for people that they actually like. It may not seem like much but have you ever received a present because the person buying it liked it? I think about what people like and buy them a present that I know they will like or need. It’s such a simple thing but it’s really rewarding to see someone’s face light up because you listened to them. Yes, I am awesome. No, you can’t touch me.
Enjoy your nominations everyone! I hope you find some great new blogs to read.